Re: Our Children

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:51:10 -0500

The fact that we have "dead wood" in our profession ,isn't any different than
some other institutions. I don't know if ours is worse than others, but I feel
to some extent that it is
( unfortunately) unavoidable. The tenure system does help and hurt. I wish
there was a happy medium, but we obviously don't live in a perfect world. It is
unfortunate that kids suffer because someone who is a teacher cares only for the
paycheck. But for example in the world of medicine, people pay with their
lives, when incompetent people are protected so they can still practice
medicine.
What can we do in the mean time for the kids? Just what we have been doing ,
working hard for art ed. and kids and being life-long learners.
MaryB