Societies children-Re: An Experience

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:50:18 -0400

Alicia Kinane wrote:

> I was at the Minnesota Children's Museum on vacation and attended a clay
> play session with my children. I sat down next to a 6th grade girl who
> had no clue what to make with her wedge of clay. She asked her Mother,
> who was also clueless. I was coil building, so I taught her.
> My own children produced pinch pots by the dozen, what a difference a
> parent makes.
>
> Alicia

What a difference experience makes!
Now maybe the Mom will get some also and not feel as intimidated
next time. I tell you I try not to pass on the dreaded "Math"-
avoidance I have, I wish I could love it like my children do and I
appreciate any one willing to help my older son. thank goodness my
husband and parents are both whiz' at it.
Sandra
We're all good at something you just have to search till you find it
and hope that others will do the same, after all. societies children
are everyone's children

Sandra Barrick

astroboy