Re: An Experience

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:41:49 -0500

Alicia Kinane wrote:

> I was at the Minnesota Children's Museum on vacation and attended a clay
> play session with my children. I sat down next to a 6th grade girl who
> had no clue what to make with her wedge of clay. She asked her Mother,
> who was also clueless. I was coil building, so I taught her.
> My own children produced pinch pots by the dozen, what a difference a
> parent makes.

You have to credit the mother for getting her there in the first place
though. She could've dropped her daughter off at the video arcade. I
think anyone who has teaching in their blood will find those kinds of
circumstances irresistable. And who knows what door you might have
opened for that young lady, Alicia, just by sharing your knowledge and
enthusiasm. She may one day share that awakening in a future ArtsEdNet
thread on "memorable experiences" that hooked her on art! You never
know...
Linda in Michigan