Re: shoe tying

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:48:56 -0500

When I was in Kindergarten, lets see. . . . . 1948, I think, there was a
list of 50 things I should learn.
On the pretest I got 49 items checked off going in. You guessed it, I couldn't
tie my shoes. After a year of practice on a neat little wooden shoe (I
remember it well) I left kindergarten not knowing how to tie my shoes.
Hey, "So Big" my nine year old grandson can untie my shoes, that's a start. I
do remember some other things fondly, naps on a rug and a little girl who would
only sit in her chair if she could put the hem of her dress over the back of
the chair first, fond memories. . . . indeed.
Please don't make those poor kids practice tying shoe strings all day long,
every day. Let them finger paint,
and take naps, and look at those pink panties.

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/WEBpage4a.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://www.taospaint.com/RMSartSTUDIO.html to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com