Re: Mehndi

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:32:36 -0400

Karlawald wrote:

> I wish I could remember the source of this information, or more specifics. I
> can't, and have been waiting for someone else to bring it up, but alas, no
> one has.
>
> A while back, I read about some severe criticisms of Americans using Mehndi
> designs, made by those who practice it and who believe these designs to be
> very private and sacred. It was directed at Hollywood stars who were using
> the actual ceremonial designs for nothing more than decorating their body.
I don't remember that particular conversation but I didn't respond
because I had several links for this and then when I checked before
posting they were gone. Perhaps this is why they were taken off.
Maybe it's not something we are suppose to see. I have links for
other art forms but not this now. i also know someone posted some
links and perhaps they will be the old link but I haven't had time
to look. I know on some native sites you cannot access/forbidden-
I'm not sure the reason. Anyway I have seen kits available and also
I've seen where you can buy the dye around town.It's not something I
really want to do but at least I know it's available.