Re: room arrangement...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:17:03 -0400

Bunki Kramer wrote:

> Hi...I know this sounds ludicrous at first but it has come in handy for me
> so many times that doing it just once has been more than worth it.
>
> I made a blueprint of my room with windows and cabinets using 1/4" as a
> foot measurement and drew it on tagboard. I measured and cut out all the
> furniture pieces separately...again on tagboard.
That doesn't sound crazy to me but maybe I'm weird!
When I was young we moved three times and my Mother always made our
rooms on a board and we would to scale make our furniture using
templates my father had. Then we'd have the job of choosing where
everything went before we moved. I still do this when I move and
also before changing rooms around- especially the kids. My Mom is
very small and she use to move around and lift things unbelievably
for her size. About 5 foot and 85-90 pounds. I'm glad she encouraged
me to do this- for I've used this at home and school.
Sandra