Re: Project Ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
The Cheevers (lazydog)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:29:40 -0400

and so on and so forth.........Lisa in VA
-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Hodges <smhodges>
To: Art Ed digest <artsednet.edu>
Date: Sunday, July 11, 1999 4:16 PM
Subject: Project Ideas
=20
Hi, I have been reading many of the messages that are posted. It is =
very interesting to read the variety of postings. I teach in a small =
school (I teach 6th-12th grade art classes). I would love some input on =
some new ideas for projects in drawing and painting?
Shari Hodges
smhodges
Danbury Texas

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BECD3C.2486D2E0

Suggestions-
1.Review calligraphy (some great sites abound). Have = the=20 students do a) a lyric of their favorite song or poem written in = calligraphic=20 style; b) an initial of their name and a picture to compliment it ie: = Lucy-=20 L-Leg , Cathy -C-Candies etc.
2. Have a color theory or two and have them paint a = comic=20 character real or imagined using cool colors or analogous colors or=20 monochromatic, etc. The last step of movement lines and details made = with=20 different size sharpies really pulls it together.
3. Have them bring in a photo from a favorite = vacation spot of=20 a landscape out of a magazine and copy it with water = colors.
4. Have them make a cubist still life drawing after = studying=20 Braque and Picasso and then translate it on the computer. Borrow a = guitar from=20 the band room and include some odd stuff- newspapers, oranges, teapots = wine=20 bottles, plastic grapes, etc.
5. Self portraits are always amazing popular. I = guess 'cause=20 they are so self absorbed.
6. draw several different scenes then cut and past a = collage.=20 Or draw a focus and paste it to a painted background.