Fwd: SO CALLED JOKE - NOT

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MPBC90
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:07:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/99 10:37:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Wi Novice

From: WiNovice
Full-name: Wi Novice
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:37:26 EDT
Subject: Fwd: SO CALLED JOKE - NOT
To: billzink@ccl-eng.com
CC: Wrznst, WaukBud, JWMEZ, Xanthromon,
BergFOM, HZink43194, MPBC90, rzink,
viapa, ZilmaG

--part2_abd20aba.24bc0066_boundary

In a message dated 7/12/99 7:03:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
CBACH writes:

<< Received this from a friend. She did not think it was funny, nor do I.
Some people just have way to much time.

Char

Last night I received an email with an attachment called Y2k - it was a
joke, but let me pass on to you what it did. I thought it was ruining
my equipment.
Once I clicked on the attached file, it set things in motion, the
monitor went nuts, the keyboard lights went nuts, the cd drawer kept
opening and closing, a table appeared and changed all days from Monday
to Mondak etc. It changed years from 2 digits to 4 digits, 96 to 2096,
2097, 2098, 2099 and 2000!
At the very end it said the system was ok and that someone had
developed this JOKE to take the edge off things. NOT! Felt my hair
turning white as I watched what it did to my system. If you get one,
delete it, and be advised I am not sending it on to any of you. >>

--part2_abd20aba.24bc0066_boundary

From: Charlotte Bach <CBACH>
To: "'Al'" <laabs>, "'Angel'" <acoppens@ez-net.com>,
"'Bob&Jonelle'"
[...]