Re: Fine Motor whoa's in kids and Sewing with little ones LONG

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:21:38 -0500

John & Sandra Barrick wrote:

> Dear Kathy,
> I am in Ohio also. It is amazing- (although I don't know why I
> should be amazed)- how much less finger dexterity kids have as a
> whole....

Kids don't learn to tie their shoes because they have slip-ons and
velcro. In our district, kids don't spend as much time developing fine
motor skills as they used to before standardized test scores became the
most important thing on the planet. Funny. The girls' fine motor skills
catch up when the start wearing eye make-up and painting little artworks
on their fingernails! I wonder if the boys' EVER will...tying fishing
flies may become a thing of the past.
linda in mich - gosh. you'd think i had nothing else to do here!