Re: Sewing with little ones

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:08:18 -0500

Kathypugh wrote:
> I encouraged them to thread and
> knot these themselves, but some students still needed help

At some point in my life I acquired his handy-dandy needle threader made
of really cheesy plastic. You put your thread into a hole in the bottom
and stick the eye of the needle into a hole on the top, push down and
VOILA! pull out a threaded needle! (If all my stuff wasn't packed for
moving, I might even be able to find it.) Kids wouldn't learn the skill
of threading of course unless you whipped this gizmo out at the END of
the unit. It would be handy for adapting to visually impaired kids
though. It really is a cheapy...probably came in a cracker jack box.
linda in mich