Re: Faith Reinggold - Elementary art lessons - Tar Beach

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ricki fromkin (fromkinr)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 20:25:52 -0400

PicasoLovr wrote:

> Reinggold's "Tar Beach", I read to 3 year olds when I used to teach
> pre-school. I envision third through fifth grades painting a story telling
> scene on canvas and framing each one with sewn bits of colorful fabric. Does
> anyone have any experience with teaching young ones sewing?
> I'd like to encorporate this into a Matisse unit.
>
> Sue
Don't have experience teaching kids sewing, but I thought a good a good
visual for this lesson would be Ringgold's The Frenc Collection Part 2,
in which this piece has strong ties to Matisse.

There's an article about her in June's Artnews which includes the piece
I mentioned above.

Ricki in NJ