Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Lesson Plans

Re: Archival encapsulation

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 13:45:38 -0400

Betty Bowen wrote:

> Wendy, I know of a variety of products like this through doing archival
> paper storage (I worked at a publishing museum) - the process is called
> encapsulation, and it is used for preserving old papers without causing
> permanent damage like lamination.
I use to work with ( and sell these products also). The tissue for
prints is called Glassine. I can't remember the product names for
the glues, mounts, paper your describing- but it was archival acid
free products in Gold/yellow boxes.YOu might try a local art store
if you have any that sell archive products. We worked with a lot of
framers- museums and Hallmark as well as artists so we actually sold
quite a bit. Thanks for the addresses Betty.