Re: Copyright laws

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lorena Nalin (nalin)
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 15:26:08 -0700

For Karla and Craig and others,

I had a similar question about the use of images from off the internet to
use in Powerpoint presentations, so I asked our district technology training
coordinator for clarification.

For my district (and perhaps others), I was told that if I copied an image
into a Powerpoint presentation (using the copy function of the mouse right
button) and did not save a copy elsewhere on the hardrive or disk, but only
in the presentation file, that would be viewed as "fair-use" application.
If, however, I saved the image in a file (that could be used over and over)
that would not be "fair-use" for educational purposes.

I think that is a fair interpretation of copyrights.

Lorena Nalin
Tucson, AZ