Re: resource book listing idea

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:43:35 -0400

Maybe the listing should be broken down into the books designed as resources
for art teachers, those that are related to student art experiences by grade
level, and those that serve as student motivation. That way those who have
a particular focus will find it easier to locate what they need.
I copied a response from Kelly that should be of interest to you. It's at
the bottom. She sent me an attachment of her list if you want to start this
project. I know everyone would sincerely appreciate your efforts if you
decide to do it. Linda
-----Original Message-----
From: gregjuli <gregjuli>
To: MaryAnn Kohl <maryann>; artsednet
<artsednet.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 01, 1999 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: resource book listing idea

>My fav has got to be The Art Teacher's Book of Lists by Helen Hume,
published by
>Prentice Hall. This book covers so many areas. It's got info and ideas.
>MaryB
>
>MaryAnn Kohl wrote:
>

>> >I was reading the listserve and going through all of my piles and piles
of
>> >both useful and not-so-helpful books and an idea popped in my head. Let
me
>> >know if you are interested. I was wondering if you all would like to
compile
>> >a listing of all the books we find are valuable resources.
>>
>> Should we send our favorites to you to do the compiling?
>> To make it easy for you, should we follow a simple format, like:
>>
>> TITLE, AUTHOR, publisher (if known)

>> MaryAnn F. Kohl (WA)
>> maryann
>> http://www.brightring.com/books
>>
>Kelly,
At the Children's Art Museum we have a library of over 500 picture books.
The books are chosen both for their story and Illustrations. We consider the
Picture books to be our collection of artwork, and yes the kids get to use
them. In 5 years we have on lost 2 books to damage. I would be happy to send
you our list either snail mail or email (Microsoft works 4.5 database 82KB).
e-mail me off list at kimberly, include your snail mail addy if you
want it sent that way. The books are grouped in broad categories Reference,
Storybook, Picture Book, Art (books about artists, idea books, or books
illustrated with art mainly poetry), and Early Readers. The data base also
includes author, illustrator, and subject and can be sorted.

Kimberly Herbert, CAM Administrator
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts and Children's Art Museum
Mailing Address: One Love Street San Angelo, TX 76903
Physical Address: 1st Floor Historic Cactus Hotel, 36 E. Twohig San Angelo,
TX
Phone: 915 659- 4391
kimberly