Re: increased budget wish list

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
suzette milam (smilam)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 05:51:00 +0000

MaloneyMK wrote:

> If you were free to buy something special for your art room what would
> it be?
>
> Kathy Maloney Johnson
> Father Lopez High School
> Daytona Beach Florida

Hi Kathy,

Lucky you! If I had such a lotto gift, I would get a new kiln that was taller
to accommodate larger projects. I agree with everyone, drying rack is a must.
I would not get into the printing press with health and safety stuff involved
with etching.

I would only get one or two major pieces of equipment and then really look at
the tools you have, such as; scratch tools, nibs, brayers, x-acto knifes, etc.
This would be a good time to replace and expand on the tools you need for
whole class sets. It can become a major expense just to get that going. I have
been buying a few wood burning tools each year to get enough for the whole
Adv. Art kids going on some wood burning on gourds. You could get the whole
bunch in one shot.

Happy Shopping!

Suzette Milam
Porterville High School