Re: M. Hunter Teaching Objectives

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lorena Nalin (nalin)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:50:55 -0700

Vicki,

Madeline Hunter is part of the "Essential Elements of Instruction" structure
to lesson planning.

The objectives are only one part of this strategy. There is a terminal
object, the "thing" you want to ultimately achieve through this lesson and
several sub-objectives that prepare the student to achieve the terminal
objective.

Other parts to consider are:

SET (how to get the students prepared or motivated to learn)

INSTRUCTION METHOD (the lesson - varies greatly)

GUIDED PRACTICE (teacher helping the students to use the learning)

INDEPENDENT PRACTICE (opportunity for the student to demonstrate, on their
own, the ability meet the objective or sub-objective)

CLOSURE (review or reinforcement (recapping) of what was learning during
this lesson in a short concise method)

EVALUATION (how you know the students learned what you intended)

Good luck.
I could probably find the training material from my school district, but it
is the form of handouts right now. Not very efficient for emailing. There
are also several books about the Essential Elements of Instruction and
Madeline Hunter available, if you need a title I can ask around.

Lorena Nalin
Elementary Art
Tucson, AZ