Fwd: Thanks

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
RHenry8238
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 01:38:03 EDT

--part0_901690683_boundary

From: RHenry8238
To: Majordomo.edu
Subject: Thanks
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:57:09 EDT

To all of you who responded to my request for start up ideas for a new art
program - many thanks. All ideas and suggestions are gratefully appreciated.

I am at a Charter School which has been open a year and this year is beginning
an art program. I am very excited about hooking into the DBAE approach. The
school has a rigorous academic curriculum, therefore art will definitely
provide enormous opportunities to the children. I did omit to say that I will
be teaching K through 6th grade.

One of my major thoughts has been about organizing lesson plans. Would anyone
like to comment on how many lesson plans they simultaneously have going and
the breakdown of the grades that you work with ? In my mind I was thinking
that K would be it's own entity as many of the K children are still 4 1/2
years old on entering and much skill building is needed for them. 1st to 3rd
grade was my next breakdown and then 4th to 6th grade.

Would anyone like to provide information on how you record each students'
work, effort and the format you may use? I am not referring to grades, just
monitoring each class week by week. For instance there are 5 K classes, seven
1st grade classes and 3 to 4 of grades 2 to 6.

My fax # is (602 ) 870 4959 if anyone has a sample of a lesson plan sheet,
attendance sheet or other they would like to share.

Thank you,
Jennifer Henry, Phoenix Advantage Charter School

--part0_901690683_boundary--