Re: COMPUTERS and VISUAL ARTS

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Michael Keller (keller)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 23:57:18 -0400

I'm not quite sure what was implied in the below quote, but I've already received,
privately, a note that suggested that Mr. Toney scans artwork before doing his
digital painting. I must assure you, he does not. He generally starts off using
Painter to create his canvas and base color work, then continues to rework the art
using Photoshop's tools. He uses a rather old 10x12 digital tablet, and in fact,
his versions of Painter and Photoshop are several generations old. IAC, the work
is pretty much created from scratch right onscreen, just as a person might step up
to a canvas and paint.

The only thing sampled outside of the computer is Toney's own psyche, which can be
pretty vivid itself.

--
Michael Keller
Old and New Media