Re: self taught artists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
croberts (b2w6w4kn)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 11:50:41 -0700

judy jones wrote:

> I have programs on Minnie Evans and Joseph Cornell, both self-taught
> artist. Look at Outsider art, especially in Arkansas, and the
> Carolinas.

Judy, you are right about Minnie Evans. I grew up in Wilmington, NC,
where Minnie lived and worked most of her life. She was an excellent
self-taught, visionary artist. Her work is colorful, mostly
symmetrical, very detailed, and beautiful.

Here is one image...

Here's another...

And another..

This is a good small book about the life of Minnie Evans..

Carolyn Roberts
E. B. Frink Middle School
Kinston, NC