Re: Computers and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:15:14 -0700

katie allen wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has used the Logo program with Primary age
> children. Another name for it is 'Microworlds Project Builder'.
> I am looking at how this can be uses in Primary age art classes. I teach
> year one, five and six here in Sydney and I am also doing a subject at
> uni called 'Computer Mediated Learning'.
> Does anyone know about Logo? How could it be used in conjunction with
> art?

Hi, Katie,

Surely this isn't a descendant of the old Atari Logo program I used in
the mid-80s?! It was a simple programming language with which you could
draw, animate, and use sound. If you would describe it more fully, I
could see if there's any relation between the two. I still have the
teaching materials I developed for teaching 5th and 6th graders (and I
think your little ones could handle it).

If anyone else out there knows if there's a connection, let us know.

Maggie