Re: future jobs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
amanda clarke (clarkea@s-cwis.unomaha.edu)
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:45:47 -0500 (CDT)

Lyna,

Ask the student what they are interested in, for example, what medium do
they enjoy working with, that will lead you in a more specific direction.
For example, I enjoy photography, and there are many avenues to persue
such as photojournalism, portrait, wedding, free lance, etc.

We were required to complete a career unit in my art methods course last
semester. There are a series of books available on what to do with a
degree in art. There were tons of possibilities, such as fashion design,
web page design, architecture, art historian, land scape design, comic
book illustrators,, etc.

I think if you start out with what type of medium this student prefers to
work in, and personal interests such as computer games (the graphics on
the newer games is phenomenal) or cars, fashion, etc. it will help narrow
down the possibilities.

I found those books on careers in art at the career center on campus. If
you want more information, let me know. It provides more than a
description of the job. It discusses growth potential, salary, schooling,
and other helpful information.

Amanda Clarke
clarkea@s-cwis.unomaha.edu