Re: artsednet-digest V2 #838

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
ABRDR
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 06:16:18 EDT

In a message dated 7/7/98 3:02:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, owner-artsednet-
digest.edu writes:

<< ate: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 16:49:06 -0400
From: "Christina ARndT, M.Ed." <carndt>
Subject: Russian Theme Box

Hi everyone. I am in the process of creating a Russian theme box for
our school system. Does anyone have any Russian related art projects or
other ideas? Does anyone know of any great Russian internet sites?
I will be developing a unit for other teachers to use so any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Tina ARndT
Whiteford Elementary
Sylvania City Schools

------------------------------ >>
The nesting friendship dolls are a neat project. I teach about them to
elementary school
students in second grade. We make the outlines for each sized doll then put
in the features. They can paint them any color. I use a white tag board for
them to use. Then we cut them out. we split the mid section. I use a brass
brad to connect them and they can open them to reveal the nest size doll. I
only do three layers with them as this is all I
think they can handle.
Donna from Maine
elementary art teacher