Re: good art-bad art/Acessement

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
nop62861 (teresatorreseca)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 00:33:07 +0200

--------------889E3D95F374A2461DA24789

Ben Schasfoort escreveu:

> Rheata wrote:
>
> "I would hope that all art teachers would be excited
> in teaching their students objective standards for creating good art and
> knowing the difference."
>
> Well, I would hope someone could publish the standards for good art and bad
> art. Life would be more easy.
>
> Ben Schasfoort, nl

HelloI feel the main question we have talking is not about art , it is not
difficult to recognise good art, may not alwys in the contemporary scene were
even art critics makes mistakes but in the past in the different cultures and
contexts, because i believe we can not separate an art object from its context.

The real problem that worrys me a lot is about acessing the art works of our
students , it is easy to acess certains criteria: as interest, commitement,
vocabulary, organisation and methode. But what about creative work?There are so
many possible answers in art communication, for instance a still life , lets
say a drawing about a chair What are your criteria to acess it?
I have my standarts points and other teachers have different ones, when i was a
student, in Paris i did an examination for entrance in Duperré School; i was
marked 3/20 by a teacher and 20/20 by another one.
Twenty years later i have the same problem with my students, some of my most
intelligent and creative students in the national examinations (k-12 ) failed
and anothers , less creative have good grades.
I believe that it is not very complicated to reach common criteria , because
acessement is not subjective .