Re: First Year Advice

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 06:47:24 -0700

John and Diane Matthews wrote:

> This fall I will begin my first year of teaching art. <snip> I am excited, and scared to death. So
> if anyone out there has any wisdom to share or advice I would greatly
> appreciate it.

Hi, Diane,

The single most useful advice I got from my co-op teacher was to always
make friends with the secretaries and janitors (and not just the one who
cleans your room), because they're the ones who are actually running
things ;) and can make your life much easier. I suck up to ours big
time: flowers on Secretaries' Day, homemade cookies, taking time to chit
chat about their lives.

You're going to have a blast! Welcome to the best profession in the
world.

Maggie