Re: new art program

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 06:41:48 -0700

RHenry8238 wrote:

> I am the art teacher in a start up art program and need to consider every
> aspect of the program from the sink to tables, chairs, resources, materials
> and supplies. Who would like to venture some information regarding these
> items from any particular catalogues ? If you had to say what your favorite
> resources are that you couldn't live without what would they be ? Limit
> yourself to 10 resources to include books, videos, cd roms.
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer Henry, Phoenix , Arizona

Hi, Jennifer,

I'm sure we all envy your being able to start from scratch. My advice
would be not to rely on videos so much; the image quality isn't that
great, and the images go by pretty quickly. For the same price as a $50
video, you can get 20 slides (at $2.50 each from Universal Color Slide
Co.) to complement your lessons. Universal sells sets as well as
individual slides so you can fill in gaps. No, I don't own UCS stock;
other companies have good sets, too, but I like being able to buy the
individual slides.

Maggie