Re: Child development and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
nop62861 (teresatorreseca)
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 00:25:51 +0200

I am glad you enjoy my point of view. I feel that in America the theme
nudity is very polemic.
In my country, people like me born in the sixties, teachers or graduate
persons , really don't understand why children can not see their parents
naked, it is natural to know and to accept our bodys.Someone who can
not handle and respect their physical image is not a healthy person. We
educators must help children to respect it and it is not by censure that
we can do it.
In a few posts some of you told about violent images, this is a relly
problem for me, as a mother and as a teacher. Do you think that the best
way to deal with it is by forbiden the access to that kind of images? The
example of japanese animation is not the only one.
The fairy tales of Lafontaine , Anderson and Comtesse de Ségur were
violent too , don't you agree?
Walt Disney animation can be cruel, i think about a certain litle bird
who makes the life of a cat in a terrible nigtmare...
One day Marta, my seven years daugther asked me why is the world so
violent, i could not answer completely. Have you a possible answer to
Marta?
Thank you
Teresa