Re: The Japanese Kimono

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:41:53 -0400

Well I have a few,but no time to research. Here is a link for you
with 56 japanese museum matches:
click on Database, other choices will pop up.Click Museum database.
then choose a search term,I typed Japan hit search and you will
receive 56 japanese museum links
Kimono link,which has a nice picture,
if it doesn't work then omit everything after .com-
click on links,click on Japanese art
really just indonisian and chinese
Some I got from this guy:

good luck. I also remember somewhere seeing a lesson or Origami
which teaches how to fold a Kimono,I'm sure you can find it in a
book. If I
look I'll probably find it but it's after midnight and I'm tired.
P.S. I also remember a woman artist who uses Kimonos as her subject
manner but can't recall her name. Anyone else?
Bicyclken wrote:
> Hello everyone,
I have I need books,web
> sites or any media sources that will have to do with Japanese art and design
> philosophy and Kimonos themselves.
> Thank you in advance,
> Ken Schwab
> San Jose CA