Re: The Japanese Kimono

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 00:41:53 -0400

Well I have a few,but no time to research. Here is a link for you
with 56 japanese museum matches:
http://www.wwar.com
click on Database, other choices will pop up.Click Museum database.
then choose a search term,I typed Japan hit search and you will
receive 56 japanese museum links
Kimono link,which has a nice picture,
http://www.kimono.com/index.html#menu
if it doesn't work then omit everything after .com-
http://www.ArtIndex.com/
click on links,click on Japanese art
http://www.asianart.com/index.html
really just indonisian and chinese
Some I got from this guy:
http://www.artswire.org/kenroar/links/museums.html#7
museum/galleries

good luck. I also remember somewhere seeing a lesson or Origami
which teaches how to fold a Kimono,I'm sure you can find it in a
book. If I
look I'll probably find it but it's after midnight and I'm tired.
Sandra
P.S. I also remember a woman artist who uses Kimonos as her subject
manner but can't recall her name. Anyone else?
Bicyclken wrote:

> Hello everyone,
I have I need books,web

--