Fwd: Setting the clolor

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maahmaah
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:53:37 EDT

--part0_899952818_boundary

Hi all,
thought this would be something you would all be interested in. Gail gave me
permission to share it. This thread was started by a problem I had with
flower prints- (t-shirts or pillow cases that kids had pounded flowers onto
with a rubber mallet.)
Great suggestions. Thanks Gail. It was worth the wait. I am sure others
will benefit from your post.
-Lee

--part0_899952818_boundary

From: Gail1611
To: Maahmaah
Subject: Re: Setting the clolor
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 21:36:55 EDT

Lee, I'm rested now and thanks for reminding me. I called the Botanic Gardens
and they will get back to me but in the mean time I called my 2 favorite art
stores for advice. I. if you are hammering the flowers into the cloth , after
you remove the flowers ,spray the design with an acrylic spray but the cloth
onced sprayed can't be crunched up. Another spray was "Crystal Clear" it's a
workable fixative, third idea was scothgard spray that you use to protect the
material like shoes or arms of a couch. I think I'd go with the Crystal Clear.
Now for another way to do it. She said that people glue on the flowers on foam
board 1/4 or 3/16 in thick with elmers or spray glue (I like this one better)
. You leave the flower on, cut out around the flower or leaf and then print
it. (Kind of like stamp art. ) I bet they have ink pads with permanent ink) Of
course it will only last on day., the stamper.So I hope this helps. Let me
know what you try and what works best for you. I've sent this just to you but
feel free to share this, if you want. Gail I caN'T GET THIS TO PRINT OUT
FOR ME FOR SOME REASON. COULD YOU SEND IT BACK TO ME SO I CAN KEEP A COPY,
PLEASE !

--part0_899952818_boundary--