Re: Tesselations

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Mon, 06 Jul 1998 10:18:35 -0400

This reminds me of another lesson.
I just thought of so I don't have a plan.
What about 3D Tessellation projects. Students would have to come up
with their own 3D project. If it sounds to demanding then how about
wire sculpture mobile: as Calder did but use an Escher theme "Fish
into
Bird". The other idea I posted to someone was the Escher "cube","
"triangle" and "Kaleidoscope" These are 3Dpatterns which I have but
do not own a scanner. I did propose my husband could scan at work
and then send. They would be to big to put on the list as many list
members don't have computers which are capable of handling large
information. I know since I've been yelled at before for posting.

When I think of clay tiles I think of glazing them black and
white.The balance of the two colors complements the balance of work
itself.
It's also graphically pleasing.
Sandra

--