From: Egartteach
To: artsednet.edu
Subject: PTO sponsored art appreciation program
Date: Thu, Jul 2, 1998, 1:03 PM

Is anyone familiar with PTO sponsored art appreciation programs run by
parent volunteers within the regular classroom? What is your opinion of
them?
What guidelines do they follow?

We have had a volunteer "Picture Person" program in our district for about
15 years. The other art teacher did all the work in writing up coordinated
units and "blurbs" as well as finding parents to commit to the once a month
program. The PTO paid for the prints, laminating and sturdy portfolios used
by the vols. It has been a wonderful way to offer art history to students
who are unlikely to ever study it in higher educ. (or anywhere else, for
that matter).

Louise from Mich.