Re: Jr. High art curriculum

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Bo Sheffey (sheffey)
Thu, 02 Jul 1998 10:29:01 -0700

L. Conrad wrote:

> I recently found out that I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade art and 8th
> advanced art. I've never taught Jr. high (except subbing). I'm very excited
> but realizing this will be very different from elementary, can anyone help
> with curriculum? Thanks. Lori

Lori,
I just went from teaching high school art to middle school. It is a change
but they are capable of almost all of what I could teach my Art I's. There is a
book called DBAE: A Middle School Curriculum which has pages to run copies of.
It deals with the principals and elements of Art. Also, the first year I taught
High School, I relied heavily on a book called, "The Survival Guide for the
Secondary Art Teacher" which gave me lots of ideas in a simplified manner and
with copies I could run off. Also, find out if the middle school has art
textbooks. Good luck. Teresa Sheffey, El Paso, TX.