Re: Figure Drawing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
MrsSpyboy
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:05:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/1/98 11:49:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Gail1611
writes:

> Hi Everyone,
> I'm teaching some kids ages 6-19 year olds and they want to do figure
> drawing.
> I have some projects in mind but I'd be interested to know how you approach
> it. What works for you and how you continue to reinforce the concepts.
> Thanks !
> Gail
Dear Gail:

To teach figure drawing I always start with a study of the human anatomy.
Then we go into gesture drawing, with students taking turns "modeling" for the
class. After gesture drawing they are ready to add details over that. I
teach how to draw with the right hemisphere of the brain as well. Hope this
helps!