[Fwd: Fwd: Deep Thoughts]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
anne roberts (aroberts)
Wed, 01 Jul 1998 09:55:28 -0400

From: Kath4KIDZ
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 05:32:52 EDT
To: magster, jllnboys, Selland_A,
Subject: Fwd: Deep Thoughts

From: goyerka
To: liz.brodzinski, pburton, clayvillecw,
e_saulsbury, mslacum, dlsmith,
PXSTEWART, jstutz, lthomas2,
atrego, bridge
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:27:37 -0400
Subject: Deep Thoughts

This stuff is just my absolute fave!
K.

Subject: DEEP THOUGHTS - Kid Style

I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I
don't have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes
onthe last day of their life? --Age 15

Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the
things I cannot, and a great big bag of money. --Age 13

It sure would be nice if we got a day off for the president's birthday,
like they do for the queen. Of course, then we would have a lot of people
voting for a candidate born on July 3 or December 26, just for the long
weekends. --Age 8

Democracy is a beautiful thing, except for that part about letting just
any old yokel vote. --Age 10

Home is where the house is. --Age 6

I bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. --Age
13

For centuries, people thought the moon was made of green cheese. Then the
astronauts found that the moon is really a big hard rock. That's what
happens to cheese when you leave it out. --Age 6

My younger brother asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get
buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should
have told him the truth--that most of us go to hell and burn eternally--
but I didn't want to upset him. --Age 10

I gaze at the brilliant full moon. The same one, I think to myself, at
which Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato gazed. Suddenly, I imagine they
appear beside me. I tell Socrates about the national debate over one's
right to die and wonder at the constancy of the human condition. I tell
Plato that I live in the country that has come the closest to Utopia, and
I show him a copy of the Constitution. I tell Aristotle that we have
found many more than four basic elements and I show him a periodic table.
I get a box of kitchen matches and strike one. They gasp with wonder. We
spend the rest of the night lighting farts. --Age 15

When I go to heaven, I want to see my grandpa again. But he better have
lost the nose hair and the old-man smell. --Age 5

I once heard the voice of God. It said "Vrrrrmmmmm." Unless it was just a
lawn mower. --Age 11

I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching paint dry. I imagine that
the wet paint is a big fresh water lake that is the only source of water
for some tiny cities by the lake. As the lake gets drier, the population
gets more desperate, and sometimes there are water riots. Once there was
a big fire and everyone died. --Age 13

I like to go down to the dog pound and pretend that I've found my dog.
Then I tell them to kill it anyway because I already gave away all of his
stuff. Dog people sure don't have a sense of humor. --Age 14

As you make your way through this hectic world of ours, set aside a few
minutes each day. At the end of the year, you'll have a couple of days
saved up. --Age 7

Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That
is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number. --Age 15

It would be terrible if the Red Cross Bloodmobile got into an accident.
No, wait. That would be good because if anyone needed it, the blood would
be right there. --Age 5

Think of the biggest number you can. Now add five. Then, imagine if you
had that many Twinkies. Wow, that's five more than the biggest number you
could come up with! --Age 6

The only stupid question is the one that is never asked, except maybe
"Don't you think it is about time you audited my return?" or "Isn't it
morally wrong to give me a warning when, in fact, I was speeding?" --Age
15

Once, I wept for I had no shoes. Then I came upon a man who had no feet.
So I took his shoes. I mean, it's not like he really needed them,
right?-Age 15

If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the
looting started.
--Age 15

--part0_899285572_boundary--

--------------10FD1C3269CD66A4F4A03C80--