Re: And the bead goes on...

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:41:44 -0400

Maggie wrote:
>Can any of you geniuses think up a good fifth lesson? I thought of maybe
>having a bead market where the students would trade beads and then make
>something with them, but not being a jewelry person myself I don't know
>what to do with them other than string them, much less write a
>12-component lesson plan on it

Dear Maggie (and all),
How about teaching a macrame lesson after students have traded their
beads, so that they can make necklaces, bracelets, ankle bracelets, etc.
These are things students would actually wear, provided that they like their
beads! Perhaps you could get some hemp to make the bracelets with, I think
high school kids would be in to this lesson.
Sincerely,
Leah