[Fwd: Re: NEA]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judith Auslander (judith)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:43:57 -0700

--------------105346E7D4A

Just thought you'd like to see the response I got from my Senator.
Judith

--------------105346E7D4A

From: "Defazio, Peter" <Peter.Defazio>
To: "'judith'" <judith>
Subject: RE: NEA
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:26:28 -0400
Encoding: 69 TEXT

Dear Ms. Auslander:

Thanks for your note. As you may know, the House voted to eliminate NEA
funding. I voted to support continued funding for the arts. However,
the Senate voted for full funding for the NEA. It will now be up to a
House-Senate conference committee to agree on a final funding level.
I'll continue to support full funding for the NEA.

Sincerely,

Peter DeFazio

--------------105346E7D4A--