re: about case studies

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
craig roland (rol1851.EDU)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:01:57 -0500

Bunki wrote:

>Dear Friends....Please don't post your case studies to just Craig and
>Diane. Most of us here on the listserv would LOVE to hear about your
>individual problems/happy accidents/enlightening experiences....at least I
>would! It's another way of knowin' I'm not alone in this "thing". Everyone
>please post to the whole listserv, and...thanks for sharing...ahead of
>time! ...

I agree with both Bunki and Diane. I was hoping all along that people
would post to the list....I just wanted to give a option. As mentioned, it
might generate some dialogue among list members. Of course, it would also
be valuable for pre-service art teachers to respond to the situations.
That was the intended audience in the first place.

I've already received several and I appreciate those responses. It would
help me if people wrote in the "third person" and then briefly describe how
they dealt with the issue/problem. It might help here if you began the
scenario with "What would you do?"

While I intend to post these on my web site and print them out for
classroom use, I think its great that other art teacher educators (like
Diane) may do the same. Let's not forget that all the responses will also
be posted on the getty site in the archives.

Once again, thanks for the interest and help.

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND. Associate Professor-Art Education.
Department of Art, FAC 302, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida.
32611-5801. (352) 392-9165 - Art Ed Office (352) 392-8453 - Fax
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html