Re: Another chance for a free video

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry (taylorh)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:22:15 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, carla harwitt wrote:

> I'm confused. I watched the Masters of Illusion show on Discovery Channel
> last night, and found it to be mostly about moving making and only a tiny
> bit about optical illusion and drawing perspective in art. Did I miss
> something?
> --Carla in LA

Maybe not. I really liked it, but maybe it was colored in for me by
Burke's previous brief forays into the area of illusion and perspective in
his "Connections" and "Day..." series. (There was another one several
hours long on sensory illusion but I only saw it once and it doesn't
appear to be out on commercial tape. Anyone know anything about it?)

There was a great deal on movie making. Maybe it wasn't tied back into
the illusion thread but, for me at least, it exemplified illusion in
practical terms if only in a limited context.

Has anyone read "The Axemakers Gift"?

-henry