Re: INFO ON AFRICAN BOARD OR PLAYINH GAMES

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
jibundy
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:39:42 -0500

They are also known as mancalla games. My students have made ceramic ones
(they break to easy) our best ones are made from paper mache. there are
over two hundred ways to play. One of the easiest which I found using
"mancalla" with a search engine. One of the Pages I found had an out of
print book listed with many sets of rules. My material is at school Iwiil
try to find it this week to get an address but if I were you I would try a
search engine because we are combining two high schools and files etc. are
everywhere. John Bundy ps Let me know if you need more info. later.

----------
> From: raymon
> To: artsednet
> Subject: Re: INFO ON AFRICAN BOARD OR PLAYINH GAMES
> Date: Sunday, July 06, 1997 4:23 PM
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Raymon Moonilall. Some friends of mine have recently visited
Burkina Faso. They have returned with a present of a board game which they
say is called something like 'Aguilee'. It is a piece of wood with two
hinged trays each with six rounded depresions. Each depression is filled
with four stones. The object of the game is to capture the oponents
stones. Do you know how to play this game or where I can find information
on how to play it, tactics etc.