Re: independent study

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scurfield (scurfield)
Sun, 06 Jul 1997 16:03:59 -0600

Norman Brown wrote:

> While I have not done an independant study with seniors at any real
> indepth levels...I feel that students portfolios should be the inspiration
> for the direction the work takes in use of media and content. The
> student should also have a voice in the assessment of the work as well as
> establishng the time line for production and critique of work.
> You might look to Advance Placement courses for an outline or contact
> Scholastic Arts for ideas. At this level the student should be treaed
> like a college freshman. Good luck,
> Norm

I just received a copy of "Artstrands" by Guy Hubbard and Enid Zimmerman
which is an independent study program for art. Are you familiar with
it? The ISBN # is 0-917974-87-5 and the Publisher is Waveland Press,
INC., P.O. Box 400, Prospect Heights, IL 60070 (847-634-0081)

Sincerely, Marcia Scurfield