Fwd: Re: Connecting the arts and the social studies theme of

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
betti longinotti (p-lstudio)
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:06:30 -0400

--WebTV-Mail-1932505447-188

Yours in Art & Life,
Betti L.
p-lstudio
or on the www at
http://www.angelfire.com/nc/plstudio

--WebTV-Mail-1932505447-188

From: p-lstudio (betti longinotti)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 19:04:06 -0400
To: terrim (Terri Marzec)
Subject: Re: Connecting the arts and the social studies theme of
"immigration"

Terri,
What area of certification are you seeking for National Board
Certification? "Early Adolescence through Young Adulthood /Art"? What
specific 'entry' are you asking about? Is this for next year, as our
deadline has exceeded for this school year with the exception of the
assessment center component? I would love to converse with you more
about NBC as I am also a candidate.
Regarding the theme of immigration and the arts, you might want to
consider a study of varied American artists of diverse ethnicities.
Consider connecting American history to artists of that time period,
such as Josef Albers life and work through WW II. Others artists of
that generation might include Jacob Lawrence, or Lyonel Feiniger.