Re: Scanners

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Russell J Rosener (rrosener)
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 13:39:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, Mary Jane Meyer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:10:55 +0400
> From: Mary Jane Meyer <widge>
> To: artsednet
> Subject: Scanners
>
> Dear Friends,
> I want to buy a scanner to use at home. Does anyone have any advice
> they can give me? I want it to be a flat bed in the $500.00 range. It
> will need to be compatible with my Macintosh computer. The more I read the
> more confused I get! I would appreciate advice from people that have had
> actual experience with scanners.
> Mary Jane

You can probably find an O.K. scanner for $500.00 U.S.. I would try the
AGFA or U MAX brands. They are best. If you buy it from a university
bookstore, you might be able to get an educator's discount. Try to get the
manufacturer or vendor to throw in a tranparency adaptor for free, so you
can scan slides and negatives.

Russ Rosener