RE:ESL students

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
leslie miller (zandee)
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

At 11:04 PM 7/2/96 -0700, Numo Jaeger wrote:
>Dear Leslie,
>
>This past year when I had ESL students in my art exploration class I made sure
>that there was an English/second language dictionary at each table so that the
>students could begin to communicate with each other. I got familar quickly
>with who would be good students to pair up with the ESL students. It seemed to
>work out fairly well. This of course might be an enormous task if you had many
>different languages to deal with. I only had French,Spanish and Japanese.
>
>Numo Jaeger
>Fine Arts Teacher
>jaegmil
>
>Numo,
Thank you for your idea.
This may be good for some times. Mnay of our students are illiterate, even
in their own language.Many try really hard, even though they can't join in
discussions. I just fell that if they have translators for other subjects,
why not the arts!

There are mnay other problems, this is one small one. I'm looking forward to
all the postings.

Leslie