[teacherartexchange] The Museum as Educator-Looking at Art with Children Online Workshop

---------

From: Art Teacher (artprofessor_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 13:11:30 PDT

Sorry for the duplication, this is the corrected link version.

> For Immediate Release
>
> Have you ever taken your class on a field trip to a local museum?
> Would you like to learn tips for looking at art with children? Network
> with others in this 4 week online workshop The Museum as Educator-How
> to Look at Art with Children taught by author/art instructor Valerie
> Colston. Sign up at http://www.artmuseums.com/museum4kids.htm

Class starts Monday July 23, 2012.

Children remember their first field trip to an Art Museum for the rest of
their lives. It is important that the experience is educational and
fun. This workshop will give you tips for making the Art Museum one
of the most favorite memories and learning places. This 4 week
workshop is for parents who want to give their children a rich
cultural experience, for teachers who want to use the resources of
their local museum and for the museum educator who has the
responsibility of creating tours to children.

You will learn tips for preparing for the Art Museum visit. Specific
guidelines for looking at art and making it fun for students through
interactive discussion and games will be presented. Participants will
learn teaching techniques to use to reinforce the museum visit back in
the classroom or through a studio art experience in the museum
facility.

This workshop will examine famous works of art from the child's point of view.

We will take a look at a number of Art Museums resources that are
available to parents, teachers, and museum educators.

Along with analyzing artwork participants will create hands on art projects.

Tips for teaching art history to children will also be included.

Contact: Valerie Colston
Art Teacher on the Net
http://www.artmuseums.com/workshops4teachers.htm
858-453-2278