[teacherartexchange] State technology curriculum and Art Electronic Media

---------

From: Anne Morrison (anne.docmo.morrison_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 11:06:55 PDT

We are so excited, just after school recessed for the summer the art
teachers were invited to scope and sequence the new Technology
curriculum for our district. The state has changed the Technology
courses to include Art curriculum. We have been teaching Electronic
Media in the art department since 1995 and now finally the state
technology department has recognized the importance of the Elements of
Art and the Principles of design along with technique and composition.
I linked our scope and sequence to my home page (soon to be completely
reconstructed). Click on New TEA (Texas Education Association) Digital
Art and Animation and New TEA 3D Modeling and Animation for the scope
and sequence Karin Hall and I organized.

My AEM (Art Electronic Media) Home page is:
twhs.conroeisd.net/teachers/amorrison

It is interesting that the state has decided that these digital art
courses do not require Art 1 as a prerequisite. I will be doing a lot
more review and introduction to art skills than before, but it seems
my students always benefit from review anyway...

Good news for digital media.