RE: [teacherartexchange] Pinterest

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 04:28:17 PDT

I am pretty new to it - but I am having fun.
I have seen some 'boards' where people have pinned 'crafts for kids', 'organization', journal pages (in several title variations) etc... I started following a few so I can 'repin' to my boards... so for me personally I can see lots of opportunities for inspiration and ideas.

I see creating boards for lessons.... here is one someone started, just one example... you can search to see what people are doing and lots of categories pop up, repin or follow if you like it.
http://pinterest.com/kortneyb/potential-art-lessons/

Boards for students?
Maybe 'mystery boards'? Images where they have to find connections...
'Comparison boards' for discussions
I like your color idea...

It seems like just an incredibly easy way to organize ideas and images - with the links.

Feature I love:
 "a bookmarklet that users can install on their web browser, which makes pinning to the site from other web pages incredibly easy. Simply put, if you see an image that you want to pin, all you have to do is click on the “Pin It” bookmarklet, and a window will open in your browser, allowing you to assign the pinned item to a category and add any hashtags or comments to the image before you pin it. "

How easy is that?!

Ellen