[teacherartexchange] using color theory to reinforce math

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2010 - 09:52:28 PDT

Hi everybody, I'm just back from a road trip east that included two full days at the National Gallery - what a treat that was

Anyway, I'm planning to turn one of my middle school bulletin boards into a chart of color-mixing formulas - partly to reinforce some very very basic algebra-reading skills

I'm thinking about things like

White + (yellow + magenta) = peach (but with color blocks instead of words).

And maybe for a worksheet -

cyan + x = green (find x)

Any thoughts?