RE: [teacherartexchange] Learning names K-5

---------

From: mary jane hadley (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 08:13:27 PDT

I have the students writ their name & rm. no. on a name tag as below. Then they attach it to one side of their folder (12"x18") oaktag. i have color coded tables. Red,or, ect. and their tables folders go in their color folded paper. These are on the table all year and I can refer to them as I go around the room.Good for subs too. Table colors are marked by 3-D shapes that the 4th grade constructs at the beginning of the year. that project they look forward to when they become 4th graders. It is a good starter project because it reviews 3-D shapes, line. pattern, and color families. They hang from a string from a lamp shade metal circle that I have covered with yarn of that color table. Then the circle hangs from 3 strings from the ceiling.

Anyone have another idea for labeling tables? I am stuck on this one because I use the table colors as a reference during many lessons.

MJHadley 1-4