[teacherartexchange] Rock and Roll theme

---------

From: mbortzfield (zbort_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 06:39:58 PDT

How about Keith Haring, the following is a great website for children;
http://www.haringkids.com/

Have the students begin by dancing to rock and roll, then create!
FUN!

Create a cd cover and titles to their own songs
Mattise Jazz with a rock and roll twist
Picasso Three Musicians - have students work in groups and create a band
member in collage then mount them together on a larger background. (I did
this last year and it was a favorite!)
3-D human paper mache figures in a diorama
Peter Max style paintings
Interpret a song through art ei. Starry, Starry, Night - Don McLean and Van
Gogh

Should be a fun year!

mb