[teacherartexchange] ideas for a rock n roll theme?

---------

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 19:12:38 PDT

Well, it's that time again- thinking about school. I've been reading the tips
for student teachers- I' ve been trying to do the one about relax and refresh
during the summer! However, time to start thinking (if not actually doing!)
about school. One of my schools is doing a sports theme which is pretty to easy
to come up with artists who did/do sports paintings. My other school (yes, after
23 years at one elementary school, I have been given another school to cover one
day a week which I will share with another teacher who will be there 2 days) has
a theme of "Rocking the School Year". Now what do you do with that at the
elementary level? I was thinking in the back of my head that there is a Warhol
print of Elvis but when I looked it up today Elvis is pointing a 6 shooter which
won't go over too well. I was thinking he was holding a guitar (logical, huh?)
Does anyone have any ideas for a rock-n-roll theme that involves art? I can't
hang anything from the ceiling at this school so I don't need to worry about
table signs but I do want to have some kind of display out side of the
classroom. I'm stumped right for now. Thanks in advance for any ideas.......
               Jeryl in hot,hot SC