Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] ideas for a rock n roll theme?

From: jeryl HOLLINGSWORTH (hollingsworth005_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 19:12:38 PDT

Well, it's that time again- thinking about school. I've been reading the tips
for student teachers- I' ve been trying to do the one about relax and refresh
during the summer! However, time to start thinking (if not actually doing!)
about school. One of my schools is doing a sports theme which is pretty to easy
to come up with artists who did/do sports paintings. My other school (yes, after
23 years at one elementary school, I have been given another school to cover one
day a week which I will share with another teacher who will be there 2 days) has
a theme of "Rocking the School Year". Now what do you do with that at the
elementary level? I was thinking in the back of my head that there is a Warhol
print of Elvis but when I looked it up today Elvis is pointing a 6 shooter which
won't go over too well. I was thinking he was holding a guitar (logical, huh?)
Does anyone have any ideas for a rock-n-roll theme that involves art? I can't
hang anything from the ceiling at this school so I don't need to worry about
table signs but I do want to have some kind of display out side of the
classroom. I'm stumped right for now. Thanks in advance for any ideas.......
               Jeryl in hot,hot SC

To unsubscribe go to