RE: [teacherartexchange] Technology question

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2010 - 18:17:42 PDT

If you are going to do a lot with the camera I would suggest making sure it was compatible with your computer and programs - especially if you are using a notebook. We bought one for home use and the format wasn't compatible with our MacBook - we can still import and use iMovie and iDVD... there are just some things that we can't do -
for school and close things I use my digital camera, a Flip (when it first came out... no card) ... and I just bought a Bloggie -
Ellen
Ellen

Hey Melissa,

The following video camera has been recommended to me for my online courses:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-1285566452719420205&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=Sony+Handycam+DCR-SR88&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960#storeInventoryLink

Sony - Handycam Digital Camcorder with 120GB Hard Drive and 2.7" LCD Monitor
Silver
$399.99

Do you know anything about this video camera?

It is of course more expensive than the flip video camera. But it does produce
medium level results. It has more bells and whistles and some may think it is
more difficult to operate than the flip video camera. I do want good results.
It doesn't need to be professional grade but I do want to have it look and sound
pretty good! :-)